What You Need To Know About Moving Your Automobile
There are many factors that need to be considered when looking for a company to transport your vehicle. First, make sure that you know exactly what you want to happen with your car. Here are a couple of things to consider.
1. Open or Enclosed Shipping Method – Open trailers are partially of fully exposed, while enclosed trailers can protect your car from any outside elements. Having your car shipped on an enclosed trailer will most likely cost your more. Know what type of shipping method you want before you call Auto Moving Companies.
2. Know the Terminology – Door-to-Door means that a company will get their truck driver as close to the specific pick up or delivery spot as he can legally and safely get. Notify the company of any narrow streets, low hanging trees, speed bumps or tight turns that might hinder the driver.
3. Check your Insurance – Make sure that your car is insured against damage & theft. Request a copy of the car shipping company’s insurance coverage before you finalize the shipping.
4 Prepare Your Car Before Shipping
a. Wash Your Car and make note of any chips, dings, nicks, or other damages.
b. Remove personal items
c. Disable the car alarm
d. Keep your gas tank low
e. Make sure your car battery is charged
5. When the company comes to pick up your car, be on time. A auto transportation company can get behind schedule if the clients are not on time to their destination.
6. When your car arrives to it’s destination, take a slow inspection of your vehicle with the original inspection report. Note any damage you might see.
At Horizon Moving Systems, we understand that your automobile is one of your most valuable assets and that many emotions are attached to it. We know how to take care of your special belongings and have the expertise and experience necessary to move them to the their destination safely & securely.